July 17, 2016

Airplanes and Space


It's an overcast dull grey day,
But I am moving. I am moving so fast
That I'm afraid if I blink,
I will miss the flight. The flight is the best part
Because it's the only chance
To be in so many different places
In such a short amount of time.

I always had a fascination with space.
I wanted to go to Mars
Since I couldn't reach the stars.
I erased logic and for a moment,
It made perfect sense.
The views, the discoveries, the problem-solving
Would be nothing like here on Earth.
I would have an entire planet to discover,
No passports or visas necessary,
No itinerary or travel guide
Or pre-marked hiking trails.

For now, this is what I have:
Airplanes over man-made cities
And man-made bridges over bays
And islands and towns to rediscover.

No comments:

Post a Comment